Re: [Amps] Henry 2K-2

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Henry 2K-2
From: AB5MM <ab5mm@argontech.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 14:35:08 -0500
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 09:41:22 -0500
From: "Robert Perdue" <kc0hfl@cox.net>
Subject: [Amps] Henry 2K-2
To: <Amps@contesting.com>

Looking for some input on using 3-500Z in the 2k-2 as opposed to the 4-400's
The 400's were zero bias and I have heard of folks just putting in the 3-500
without any mods. Any thoughts?

Bob

I just got through performing this exact mod on my friends Henry.

1. The sockets can be lowered in the chassis to allow use of existing
chimneys...
   or you can leave the sockets "as is" and purchase new (taller) 3-500Z
chimneys.
2. There is a set of contacts on relay R3. This is where I placed the 50w/8.2
volt zener
   for bias on transmit.
3. You must change the anode contact plate cap's. for the 3-500Z. Larger Post.

It's a pretty straight forward conversion. We also replaced the 3B28's in the
power supply, but that is another story.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Steve
ab5mm