Re: [Amps] Autek Research WM-1 wattmeter

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Autek Research WM-1 wattmeter
From: Jeff Carter <amps@hidden-valley.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 11:32:31 -0400
No, I haven't seen that problem.  If you end up having to call Autek,
I hope you have more luck than I did.

I have a RF-5 that lost calibration and called down there, and Autek
seems to be a one man shop, and the one man doesn't seem to have very
many good days.

It was cheaper to pick up another RF-5 off eBay than fix the one I had.

I still maintain that Autek stuff is good and I use it, I just won't
bother to try to get anything else repaired through them.  I'll
consider each box a throwaway item.

Jeff/KD4RBG