Re: [Amps] Ts-940s linear relay

To: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>, <ka1mwp@comcast.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Ts-940s linear relay
From: k9mk@flash.net
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 15:30:49 +0000
   Deja vous!   I repaired a guys amp relay TS-940S just last Sunday.  In this
unit the amp relay was made by Omron and looks like it should be good for up to
an amp.  The relay was actually fine, but was loosing its ability to pull in
hard and make consistent contact.  When the relay would not key the amp,
tapping the relay fixed it and the amp keyed.  So we dropped in a DPDT
replacement and all was well.

   On a side note, the keying line relay driver is interlocked with the 7 pin
DIN plug.  Also, there is no ground pin at that plug.  The amp ground return
must go to the DIN barrel connector itself.

73
Mike K9MK