[Amps] pcb/breadboard input output wiring methods/accessories

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] pcb/breadboard input output wiring methods/accessories
From: Frank T Brady <franktbrady@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 00:40:12 -0500
Hello,
I presented my problem to a PCB forum and received no responses for two
days - so maybe it's another stupid question.
I wanted to to try here too, because there are so many builders on this
forum.
I've hit a snag while planning my first PCB / Breadboard project.
The project requires mounting 12 DPDT relays (through mount style) on a
PCB or breadboard.
The relays will be operated in pairs to provide 4PDT functionality with
higher contact ratings, smaller size, and lower cost than most 4PDT relays.
There are a total of 35 wires I need to attach to the board.
My problem is how to connect so many wires to a board and still allow
them to be disconnected ("unplugged") easily.
If possible I would like to connect all of the wires with banana jacks
on the wires and banana plugs on the board.
I would like to find some sort of strip that has PCB pins on one side
and banana plugs on the opposite side.
If off the shelf PCB accessories like this aren't available, I might
have to fabricate them - but it sounds difficult and messy.
I want to implement the connections in such a way as to place the input
wires close to their corresponding relays.
26 of the 35 wires are 300 ohm ladderline conductors.
The remaining 7 wires are a ground wire and one 12v wire for each of the
6 pairs of relays
I plan to maintain the ladderline spacing and equal conductor lengths in
the on board wiring as much as possible.
tx and 73
frank brady w0ecs