Re: [Amps] QRO Parts sources

To: <vk6apk@bigpond.com>, <patriot121@msn.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] QRO Parts sources
From: Charles Harpole <k4vud@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 06:23:22 +0000
If u have hrd of Radio Row , now removed famous NYC radio parts buying
district, it is now replaced by Bangkok's Bhan Mhor district.... about 5 sq
blocks of nothing but parts, assembled things, 2m HTs, stereos, and, did I
mention, PARTS.  I have found EVERYTHING I ever needed to support my ham radio
habit there, except trimmer caps, .... but if you pass thru BKK, take a taxi
there and blow your radio parts mind...      (tubes, too).  How about a right
angle "N" coax plug?  Every coaxial power plug ever dreamed of?  RG-213 in 1000
foot rolls?  Four grades of RG-58 ?  A wall of bins of caps. and another of
chips?  300 watt 220volt soldering guns?  And there is a McDonalds on one
corner... walk into the district from there.
BTW, on card tables, they wind transformers and solder the innards of sick TVs
right on the sidewalk... something to see!
In Orlando, Florida, try Sky Craft near the I-4 highway, which ...in one
store... has every Jones plug ever made and mass heaps of many of the things we
love to see, handle, and own.... many to put aside for later, but to own is
good.

Charles Harpole HS0ZCW

k4vud@hotmail.com