[Amps] Blown glitch resistor..twice

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Blown glitch resistor..twice
From: SECOPSYS@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 00:54:52 EST
Hi all...pair of 3-500  (LK-500ZC)....not running heavy...transmitting and
the bullwhip bang that makes you jump...one glitch (series at each plate)
resistor blew...replaced resistor...happened again several days later...  same
tube glitch resistor.  Replaced both tubes with pair of older not full
output (700 watts out on 80 mtr) 3-500s.  Problem gone.  I think I an assume
that the bad tube is the one where the glitch resistor has twice blown.  Want
to scrape one tube...but not the wrong tube!  Your thoughts would be appreciat
ed.
Many thanks,
Richard