[Amps] dc power supply

To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] dc power supply
From: "W5JMW" <w5jmw@cableone.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 18:25:05 -0600
I need some guidance.I have never been good with the regulated 12vdc
supplies.I guess if I can't use a hi-voltage probe and can,t see whats going
on I am lost.My question to the group.I have a cubic psu-6a.It is a 12 vdc
supply for the 103.It has 24 vdc output and blew the fuses as it should have
done.I checked the pass transistors and there is 24 vdc there.Also on the
solid state bridge.Is the regulator transistor bad? That seem logical.But
cac a regulator do this,just open up and allow what I guess is max
output..Thanks in advance,no I dont have a print..73 john