[Amps] SB-200/ SB-220, HL-1000 etc

To: "Amps@Contesting.Com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] SB-200/ SB-220, HL-1000 etc
From: "Edwin Karl" <edk0kl@centurytel.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 15:10:30 -0600
The SB-220 had (has) 2,3-500s in it, actually in the before time
I believe it had 2,400s but I may be wrong on that. Covered 80-10
meters. The SB-221 had the same compliment but did not cover 10 meters.
The SB-200 had (has) 2-572s in it, likewise covered 80-10, the SB-201
did not cover 10 meters.

Now the HL-1000 (I think that's the number) had a single 3-500 in it.
I believe it came out with the newer brown cabinet style. Also had
a standby function, I think the 2 tuber was an HL-2000 with 3-500s.
Unsure on that number. The cabinets were more stylish and were brown.

To add standby to an SB-200 I replaced the output meter power control
pot to one with a push pull on off switch. On my SB-220 I added a new
metering switch with an extra position and used the second wafer to
open the keying lead. Always bothered me to turn these things on and
off when using the exciter to adjust the antenna matcher. Didn't want to
cut the cabinet.

Best of the holiday season to all

ed K0KL