Re: [Amps] TITAN II tuning and loading padder capacitors

To: "David J Windisch" <davidjw@cinci.rr.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] TITAN II tuning and loading padder capacitors
From: "Fern" <crc@cyberlink.bc.ca>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 13:05:38 -0700
Hi David:  I had a similar problems with my Viewstar PT-3000A amplifier (has
8877 in final) and the loading would drift on 160 meters as the value of the
ceramic padder(in loading circuit) used on that band was changing value
especially under key down condition. I replaced it with a mica type which is
the only type to use for this application and at a much cheaper price. What
value is your ceramic cap with the problem?
 73 from Fern  VE7GZ