Re: [Amps] Conservation of Energy!

To: Carl <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Conservation of Energy!
From: Roger <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2009 15:31:08 -0500

Carl wrote:
> Bless the ARRL and FCC for opening the flood gates of incompetence.
>
> Thats a goodly part of the reason I rarely operate HF SSB, except for a new
> country, and spend most of my carbon credits on AM and weak signal VHF and
> above.

When working in the shop I leave the rig on some where between 7.150 and
7.165. 40 is still behaving much like 20 in the higher portion of the
sunspot cycle, but it does it in the middle of the night. <:-))  Around
midnight (give or take) it's open to the West (Australia, NZ...etc).
Some where around 2:00 to 3:00 AM it'll switch to the East with Europe
coming in and signals are strong.  I need to get the 75 meter slopers
hooked up again.  Currently I'm just using the AV-640 and HL-1.5Kfx
which seem to be working well at the moment.

73

Roger (K8RI)