Re: [Amps] Russian Power Tubes

To: "RICHARD GEORGE" <k6kwq@msn.com>, <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>, "amps fourm" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Russian Power Tubes
From: "David H Craig" <davidhcraig@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 19:16:50 -0500
        I concur- I have one running 3875 VDC on the plate, and another one
with 4400 VDC- the voltage limitations are highly under-rated for actual
usable values.  Re the GS-5, I looked at that one time- might as well go
with a YC-156, IMHO.  That way no worry about tube supplies drying up, no
glass envelope and some certainty of quality.

    N3DB Dave