Re: [Amps] Alternative cooling strategies for SB-220?

To: "Rob Atkinson" <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alternative cooling strategies for SB-220?
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 15:03:20 -0500
The SB-220 fan draws air in from the rear and the output is split by the
chassis to pass over the socket pins and the glass envelope. It exhausts
thru the top and side perforations.

Remoting a fan is impratical due to the friction loss and a big blower would
be needed.

Nice to talk about for 3 days but not very practical.

As I said before, add a resistor or as another said, go back to the stock
fan. However graphite anode tubes need the extra air if those are being
used.

Carl
KM1H