Re: [Amps] Variac repairs

To: K1SG@aol.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Variac repairs
From: K8LEEWMM@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 16:45:42 EST
Steve
easy to fix!  take it apart,,, maybe take some pictures first, remove  1
full winding,where it has burnt, and resolder. I used silver. regular solder
will work. But every time that i have "smoke" from a variac it was due to a
very  large overload for a long time.
so yes take it apart clean scrap the wire ends, try not then to turn all
the way to the repaired end.

                                       73
                            wayne k8lee

In a message dated 12/26/2009 4:38:22 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,