Re: [Amps] alpha 87a warning

To: <yb1bs@yahoo.co.id>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] alpha 87a warning
From: Charles Harpole <k4vud@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 13:55:23 +0000
Owners of the Alpha 87a should be aware that static discharges or RF back into
the amp from another source during stand-by can fry the PIN diodes.  Alpha
belatedly has a fix with two parts, available from Alpha.  I have fried three
sets of PIN diodes over the years but maybe someday, when Alpha responds to my
order, I can replace the latest set .... A pair in the whole set are not
cheap... $125 each, about.

Probably, owners should explore this fix.... sorry but I can not quote the
details from memory, but you experts can get the notion, I am sure....

Charles Harpole k4vud@hotmail.com