Re: [Amps] WTB: 800 watt-1KW amp

To: <n8de@thepoint.net>, "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] WTB: 800 watt-1KW amp
From: "Jeff Blaine AC0C" <keepwalking188@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 00:20:18 -0600
Be careful with the 811 - that tube needs a lot of light duty TLC.  If RTTY
or PSK is part of the plan, that is the wrong amp.  And with CW, you still
need to treat those tubes gently.

SB200 with 872b is a far better pick.  But then again, the sb220 is even
more the better pick.

Have fun!!!  The great part about old amps is they are the most deceiving
hole to which money can be thrown in to be invented since the boat!

73/jeff/ac0c