Re: [Amps] Advice: harmonics from Alpha 91B on 160

To: "gds" <gerys1@verizon.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Advice: harmonics from Alpha 91B on 160
From: "Hardy Landskov" <n7rt@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 21:41:59 -0700
I had an Alpha 91B and I am sure it had some harmonic content but I never
had a complaint.  All  amplifiers have harmonics and some more than others
due to the exiter, design, and the phase relationship with the amp.  What
was the level of the harmonics in dBm? You can't tell where the problem lies
unless you measure each component of the system. It might be in spec right
now but until the levels are measured no one knows if it is out of spec
usually in a 50 ohm system. Another problem is the load as seen by the third
harmonic could be quite reactive thereby exagerating the harmonic level. Are
you seeing this on another antenna?
Why would anyone go to that frequency in the first place?
Hardy N7RT