Re: [Amps] MALWARE ALERT FOR RECENT POST

To: "Roger" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] MALWARE ALERT FOR RECENT POST
From: "Jim Dawson" <jdawson@jasystems.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 14:38:03 -0600
Roger,

I don't want to beat a dead horse, especially since only one other here
believes
me, but
you misunderstood what this is. I don't know if it's just a mouse over or what,
but I was
scrolling through the pictures and a window popped up advising me that I had a
virus
and should let "them" scan my machine. After a few seconds a full screen browser
window popped up and would not let me close it. It wanted me to download their
software.
I finally got it closed hopefully before it installed anything harmful. Nothing
was caught by
my anti-virus or anti-spam software, this was all self contained. It has
happened numerous
times when visiting a PhotoBucket page. It is NOT caught by any running
protection software.

I don't really care if anyone heeds my warning or not, just relaying my
experiences.

Jim - K9DD