[Amps] "CQ" Magaizne Back Issues

To: "Old Tube Radios" <glowbugs@piobaire.mines.uidaho.edu>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] "CQ" Magaizne Back Issues
From: "Edward Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 15:04:46 -0500
Good Day All,

I wonder if anyone reading this might have a good collection of backissues
of "CQ" magazine...?

I'd LOVE to get a copy (scanned, or otherwise) of a piece penned by Lew
McCoy (W1ICP) entitled, "THE SILVER CITY KILOWATT".

It was all about inexpensive ways to generate serious QRO using surplus /
Hamfest parts (indeed, the heart of the amp was a $5.00 Hamfest 3-500Z!).
Lots of good tips & techniques, for both newbies & graybeards alike.

It appeared in (I believe) an issue sometime in the early / mid 80's
timeframe...

Many thanks, & my vy

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ