Re: [Amps] TL-922 voltage / bias

To: TexasRF@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] TL-922 voltage / bias
From: Tom Prohigh <tomp@prohigh.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 10:49:04 -0500
>From Rick Measures:

Converting a SB-220 or TL-922 from V-cutoff bias to R-cutoff bias: will
prevent this from happening. The conversion: •• 1. Remove +110v from NC bias
contact on relay without disconnecting the +110v lead to the coil. 2.
Unsolder the lead of the 100k R that connects to the NC bias contact, move
it to the NO bias contact and solder it . When finished, the 100k-ohm R
should connect between the arm and the NO contact.  During Rx, the drop
across the 100k R is c. 25v.  During Tx, the 100k is shorted out by the
relay.

This prevents a transformer meltdown in event of a cathode to grid short