Re: [Amps] HP 851B Spectrum Analyzer and HP 400DR VTVM for sale (Kansas

To: "Fuqua, Bill L" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>, "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] HP 851B Spectrum Analyzer and HP 400DR VTVM for sale (Kansas City area)
From: Robert Groh <rgroh@swbell.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 07:59:06 -0800 (PST)
Auction sites other than EBAY?  Not sure of any.  I do use EBAY a fair amount
but I hate having to ship BIG stuff so local Craigslist has been a good option.
 Not a very wide audience but reasonable to expect a local pickup! Of course,
you can get your sneaky types also but it works and the cost is low.

For the HP851 the shipping would be a big problem - not that it isn't doable
but that is one big piece of stuff and it would take a pretty fair amount of
effort to package it right for shipment. And even then, with the oscilloscope
tube in there --- scary stuff. I've done it before and I don't like doing it.
Too much hassle. Now if I could find a local packaging/shipping company that
uses the 'foam-in-place' technique -- I would be there for that.

73
Bob WA2CKY