[Amps] GU74B..aka "4cx-800A"

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] GU74B..aka "4cx-800A"
From: "Jim Thomson" <Jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 05:40:56 -0800
At 10:13 AM 16/02/2010, Michael Tope wrote:
>Is there a reliable supplier of NOS GU74B/4CX800A's? I have an Alpha 91B
>and was thinking that I should pick-up some spare tubes for it before
>the NOS pool dries up completely. I see that UR4LL is advertising them
>for $100 each. That seems too good to be true. Is he legit?
>
>BTW, I agree that the 4CX800A isn't a terribly clean tube for SSB
>service. All the commercially available amps I've seen with this tube
>(including the Alpha91B) have mediocre IMD specs.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Mike W4EF...................

## agreed,..  Either obtain abt  6 x PAIRS of em,.. and keep the amp,
or get rid of the amp. Still, maybe buying up  the  50 year old designed
 GU74B, would be an excellent investment ?   Sorta like the stock market
crash in reverse !   Just think of it,  double your money  [ tax free]  in just
a few short years.

##  I'm surprised that somebody isn't  doing 3 AM  infomercials  right about
now.  '4CX-800A's  expected to triple and quadruple, in just a few short years,
get on the bandwagon, and take advantage of this excellent, risk free,
investment'

##  it's actually probably good advice.. and better than you will get from
some analyst.. or your  stock broker,  or  AIG.

later.... Jim   VE7RF