Re: [Amps] HV Fuses

To: "K1SG@aol.com" <K1SG@aol.com>, "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] HV Fuses
From: "Fuqua, Bill L" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 01:49:25 -0500
If I recall the fusing current for a #30 wire is about 10 amps continuous
current.
Eimac suggest that a #30 wire in series with the plate of a tube survives a
discaharge the tube would not be damaged.
This is from  an application note on construction and testing of crowbar
circuits.

   I have thought a #30 wire or somewhat smaller wire was stretched inside a
grounded piece of copper
pipe  such that there would be no discharge when HV was applied would be a
great fuse. This is because if
an arc in the tube  would vaporize the wire and producing a plasma that would
short the B+ to
ground via the surrounding copper tube or pipe.  Also, it would be easy to
replace.

73
Bill wa4lav