Re: [Amps] Resting plate watts with An 8877

To: "mikea" <mikea@mikea.ath.cx>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Resting plate watts with An 8877
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 11:54:26 -0500
Perhaps I used a wrong choice of words with "concentrated at"  "Concentrated
from and upwards" would be mo betta.

Since the 8877 is normally cooled from the base up, the socket and pins will
run cool. This is not the case with some other tubes which require filament
seal cooling.

Also the 8877 original question requires grid dissapation to be included in
the total. This can be up to 25W. Filament and grid power are included in
published air flow specs.

Carl
KM1H