Re: [Amps] Alpha 86 light bulb (#85) replacement

To: amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 86 light bulb (#85) replacement
From: Ron Youvan <ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 15:06:40 -0500
> I need a lightbulb - manual says it is type #85 to fix Alpha 86 amplifier
> for Javier HR2J - I am going down there next week.
/*SNIP*/
> What does it look like at all?
> Any chance to buy a replacement in HomeDepot/Lowes?

> Any chance to replace it with some resistor with LED?

   It is a wedge based lamp just like those in modern dashboards and tag lights.
Except it is 28 Volts at 0.04 Amps (1.12 Watts)
You can take him (several) 14 Volt .04 Amp version (from Wally World, or any
auto parts
place) and a 1 Amp power diode IF is is run on ac, or a resistor for series
connection.
A resistor and several LEDs (color unknown) in series is also possible. (run at
about 20
mA)  He could wire a second 14 Volt lamp in series under the chassis is also
possible.
(If he likes that idea take him a socket.)
--
    Ron  KA4INM - I'm proud to be Chuck's pop!