[Amps] WD-40

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] WD-40
From: cx7tt@4email.net
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 15:03:55 -0200
I vaguely remember reading recently about WD-40 and it's lack of oil
type lubrication. Even to the point of enhancing the ability of rust to
take over. Instead the recommendation was for BOESHIELD T-9.
It provides rust and corrosion protection plus waterproof lubrication.
It was developed for the Boeing company and is used in aviation for
Inner wings, airframes, wheel wells, cables and hinges. It seems to have
also morphed into uses for marine use, tools, bikes, automotive, etc. I
got mine thru internet order...PMS Products out of Holland MI...shows ph
number of 800-962-1732. 12oz spray can was not very expensive....I
bought mine in a package which also contained two other products, "Rust
Free" rust and stain remover and "Blade & Bit" which is a resin, gum and
pitch remover...both pump bottles advise to use prior to application of
the T-9. I think with shipping to FL, it was around $30 for all three.
YMMV
73
Tom
CX7TT