Re: [Amps] placement of RF choke bypass cap.

To: dezrat1242@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] placement of RF choke bypass cap.
From: Roger <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 01:10:33 -0400

Bill, W6WRT wrote:
> [...]
I see one problem with the expected results and I'm not sure how to
phrase it. Instead of the conductor being a constant diameter you are
going to add a very short section that is a larger diameter which also
adds capacity loading.  The formula for resonance then becomes a
summation for each diameter along the length where i = a to n with a
being the regular diameter and n being the disk diameter so it's not
going to just add length, diameter, or capacitance. and I'm at a loss as
to how to write that out.

IOW the formula is a series of very short antennas added together until
you get the desired length. All of those antennas but one will have the
wire diameter while the one man out will have the disk diameter.
However this still ignores the capacitive loading.

73

Roger (K8RI)