Re: [Amps] Tuned Input for G-G 50Mhz amp

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Tuned Input for G-G 50Mhz amp
From: Larry Benko <xxw0qe@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 18:46:40 -0600
We generally think of PI networks as "low pass" and Tee networks as
"high pass" but there are PI networks and Tee networks of both "low
pass" and "high pass" topologies.  A low pass PI network (CLC) and a low
pass Tee network (LCL) have different values of components but can be
identical for input impedance, output impedance, and transmission at
EVERY frequency.  Having to absorb external components into the network
may preclude the use of one topology or may restrict the range of Q.  A
low pass PI network and a high pass Tee network can be made identical at
only one frequency.

Larry, W0QE