Re: [Amps] how much C in PS is too much?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] how much C in PS is too much?
From: John Parkins <kvp@bigfoot.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 17:09:20 +0000
Hello All,

I feel real inadequate now, knowing I just have normal capacitors in
my SB-220. I must have POWER CAPS!!! to do my 'power buffering'.......

The other thing, if I put twice as many of these in the amp will I get
2kw out of it? After all the guy says twice as many POWER CAPS, double
the power. Why do we mess around with big tubes all we really need are
loads of capacitors. ;-)

--
Best regards,
 John      G8KVP                      mailto:kvp@bigfoot.com