Re: [Amps] How much C in PS is too much ?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] How much C in PS is too much ?
From: Rob Stampfli <rob@cboh.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 14:43:27 -0400
On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 10:53:31PM -0700, Bill, W6WRT wrote:

> Any fool can overbuild a product. Good engineers know when to stop,
> and good engineers get paid good money to get it right.

I am reminded of the company some years back that marketed "45 Watt
CB Radios".  Eventually, the FCC caught wind of this and inquired
about their enterprise.  It turns out they had beefed up the audio
output stage of one of their existing models until it was capable of
putting out 45 watts.  It didn't make a lot of engineering sense,
but OTOH they were sure selling a lot of radios.

YMMV,
Rob / KD8WK