Re: [Amps] placement of RF choke bypass cap.

To: garyschafer@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Amps] placement of RF choke bypass cap.
From: Roger <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 20:33:02 -0400

Gary Schafer wrote:
> Yes Larry, but the conclusion drawn by the one doing the experiment was that
> the current "must go thru the disk when placed in the middle". No account
> for capacitance was given.
>
> Unless I am reading this wrong the experimenter came to the wrong
> conclusion.

Agreed, Right results, wrong conclusion.
The disk, whether aligned with or on the edge adds two things,
capacitance and diameter to the radiator. The position makes no
difference with either.

IOW the disk appears as a lump in the diameter of the wire, but as
resonance is a summation of a whole lot of short segments the change in
diameter has little effect unless it's a short antenna.

Even with capacitance taken into account the position (edge or centered)
should make no difference.

73

Roger (K8RI)