Re: [Amps] unbuilt SB-220 on Ebay.... WHY?

To: chas <chasm@texas.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] unbuilt SB-220 on Ebay.... WHY?
From: Roger <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 15:24:05 -0400

chas wrote:
> Van K7VS wrote:
>
>> I have one here in Medford, Oregon, unpacked and complete with original xfmr
>> as well.  Will sell it for $1600.00 plus shipping this week only!   Van,
>> K7VS
>>

> WHY?!?
>
> would anyone want to buy a brand new SB220 without mods for more than $700?

The Key here is "unbuilt" and in the "original box". IOW it's a truly
rare collectors item.  Put it together and it's worth less than half of
what it is as a box of parts.

That was why I wondered why the ARRL assembled that Viking  Ranger they
discovered stashed away some where.  That was *really* rare and would
have made a nice addition as a small fortune to their coffers.

73

Roger (K8RI)