Re: [Amps] UNBUILT SB 220 SOLD...I CANNOT TELL A LIE!

Subject: Re: [Amps] UNBUILT SB 220 SOLD...I CANNOT TELL A LIE!
From: Jim Barber <audioguy@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 13:40:23 -0700
IMHO, people will collect just about anything - it has little to nothing
to do with usage.

My dad and I used to collect unfired Colt handguns, if they met certain
criteria. (model, production dates, history, factory customizations,
etc) We didn't fire any of them, with the exception of one I bought
specifically as a "shooter". After he died I sold both his and my
collections because it wasn't fun any more.

The value of an item to a collector generally has to do with rarity and
condition, as well as (in some cases) being part of a group. People will
tell you it's about investment but I personally don't believe that's
true, since only a percentage of collectible items bring more at sale
than what was originally paid.

People collect guns, postage stamps, strange-looking dolls - just about
anything you can imagine. Why not rare or unique amateur radio items?

My .02 USD, adjust for your currency as appropriate.

Jim, N7CXI