Re: [Amps] Reposting subject line, oops, there i go again

To: "James Colville" <jimw7ry@gmail.com>, <jtml@vla.com>, "Amplifier Reflector" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Reposting subject line, oops, there i go again
From: "Bill VanAlstyne W5WVO" <w5wvo@cybermesa.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2010 12:40:33 -0600
Correcto mundo! I've never been able to see any advantage to that mode,
myself. Seems awkward.

Just set up your mail client to filter all messages from the list into a
mail folder you create. And if you don't like the computer making noises
when emails are received, then turn the sound(s) off in your mail client's
setup or preferences. If you don't know how to do either of these things,
there should be a Help file accessible from the menu bar that tells you how.

John, you're apparently using the Mozilla Thunderbird mail client on a Mac.
While I'm a PC guy and unfamiliar with Thunderbird on any platform, I would
be shocked if you can't readily do both of those things on it.

And for anyone else out there fixated on Digest mode -- While it is possible
that there are email clients out there that can't (a) filter and redirect
messages on a variety of different properties, and (b) control the operating
system sounds that are made for different email occurrences, I've never seen
any -- at least, not since the days of text-based Unix MAIL and PINE
clients.

Bill W5WVO