[Amps] Liquid Cooling

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Liquid Cooling
From: "John Lyles" <jtml@losalamos.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 09:54:14 -0600
The 200-400 uA leakage is excellent, within the recommendations of CPI/Eimac
for their H2O cooled tubes. Your Russian tubes should last a long time if the
emission is strong.

I use water cooling in 100% of applications that I work with but for reasons
that their are no air-cooled tubes at the power levels required. The newest PA
in development uses
 Hypervapotron cooling, which is multiphase (boils water at the anode and
converts to liquid before exiting the tube). This combines the advantages of
vapor phase cooling with
the simplicity of water cooling. Lower flow than conventional H2O cooling,
however.
John K5PRO