Re: [Amps] A 10-4 Good Buddy CB amp on e-bay...

To: Richard Schmuke <rdj@wildblue.net>, amps@contesting.com, Carl <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] A 10-4 Good Buddy CB amp on e-bay...
From: DAVE WHITE <mausoptik@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 21:54:32 +0000 (GMT)
You guys missed the "5amp, 3600v Daul transformer"
Rich S , KdØzz

Ah, yes.  So I see.  Presumably an external HT supply, then?  If that little
thing in the corner is a 5 amp, 3600 volt transformer then I'm the King of
Siam.  But has he uprated everything else?  plate choke? filament choke?
switches? connectors?  metering? I've have thought it would be easier just to
build a new amp.

"** You have it bass ackwards. Its more like trying to stuff a hemi in a
Mini." - Carl

Yes, good point, Carl.  Mind you, I think that one's been done - from memory it
was a mid-engined affair.  I have also seen a great big lump (I think it was a
big block Ford) in a Trabant.  My current project is fitting a Mercedes V12
into a 1991 E Class coupe. Re my point above (easier to build a new amp) my
wife keeps telling me that it'd be easier to just buy a new SL600.  Still, I
suppose it's the intellectual challenge :-)

Dave G0OIL