[Amps] NASA AMP

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] NASA AMP
From: donroden@hiwaay.net
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 22:27:52 -0500

I have for sale one Motorola HF-SSB LINEAR AMPLIFIER Model # TLA6130A.
It is a three tube 8874 amp for 2-18mhz  pi-net with switched plate
and loading caps ( each 25 combinations ) steps of 20pf for plate
100pf for loading.
The inductor is a silverplated roller inductor.  Rated 1000 Watt output.

This was a remote tune amp used on the NASA barges delivering Gemini
and Apollo
rocket stages between Huntsville,Alabama and Cape Canaveral,Florida.

I don't have the remote controller, but functions are all controlled
by 24 volt dc coils to terminal strips ( ground activated )  1800 volt
self contained power supply in a typical 4 foot motorola cabinet.  41h
x 22w x 10 deep
148 pounds.
110/220 50/60  drive 50-75watts   1000 watts out rtty 10 minute on / 10 off.

I had envisioned a single band fixed tune amp ahead of an antenna
tuner, but really don't have the time to mess with it.

$360 plus shipping and boxing from 35801

Don WA4NPL