Re: [Amps] GS-35B optimum B+ for efficiency/power out

To: Patrick Barthelow <apolloeme@live.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] GS-35B optimum B+ for efficiency/power out
From: Dave White <mausoptik@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 23:43:35 +0200
Personally I'd say that 4kv is a little on the high side for a gs35 but I've
seen plenty of circuits that use that kind of HT with that tube.

Sufficient cooling is the key to success.  Look through the recent archives
regarding water cooling with a GS35b.

I don't know much about IMD for this tube at high voltages.  Some contesters
would argue that being a little wide is like making some space with your elbows
on a crowded Underground train (those who travel in the London rush hour will
appreciate the analogy).  Others may regard such things as unethical.  Cue
discussion... :-)
Dave G0OIL