[Amps] Custom Cabinets for Custom Amps.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Custom Cabinets for Custom Amps.
From: Patrick Barthelow <apolloeme@live.com>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 00:06:03 -0700
Folks:

While looking for cabinet solutions for a  new build amp, I came across an
industrial computer rackmount cabinet in storage.  Looking further, I Googled
Rackmount servers, Images and found a lot of sturdy nicely done cabinets used
as/in server farms.  Various kinds, but well made, and available in industry
standard rack mount heights, of increasing hieghts, indicated by industry
standard 2u, 3u, 4u, etc.

Here is an example site with pictures and speficiations of various size
industrial rack cabinets.

http://www.chassis-plans.com/rackmount-industrial-pc-computer-chassis/Images/B2_Front_Obl_350.jpg

I wonder if there are surplus/recycle streams of surplus cabinets anyhere that
could be tapped for a surplus purchase, for use as an amp cabinet.  Do these
kinds of cabinets get surplussed out with server farm site equipment changes or
upgrades?

Best Regards,
73, de Pat Barthelow AA6EG