Re: [Amps] HV Diode String Question

To: Jim Garland <4cx250b@muohio.edu>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] HV Diode String Question
From: Radio WC6W <wc6w_amps@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 09:08:51 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Jim,
  Avalanche spec'ed parts may be series'ed san snubbers & equalizers.

  There is a question as to whether some small (typcially circa .001 uF) caps
should be placed across them to prevent diode switching noise.  Though, there
are probably far worse noises to shield and filter out in an amplifier. :-)

  You probably won't find those devices in any commercial amp due to their cost.

  And... aren't those rated at 5A?

73 & Good morning,
  Marv WC6W

http://wc6w.50webs.com/