Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 90, Issue 30

To: Amps reflector <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 90, Issue 30
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 09:40:10 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 13:04:13 +0200, "BEHIELS JEAN-PIERRE"
<ON4AEF@base.be> wrote:

>I do not found real exact values,most guys are talking about 200mA for a
>GS35b-tube ?
>Running more BIAS or anode currents will surely destroy the life time of the
>tube ?

REPLY:

In theory, running the tube with higher idle current would reduce the
tube life, but in the real world where you are driving the tube with a
signal all the time, I doubt if you would ever notice any difference.
Only if the tube sits idle with no drive for hours on end would it
matter.

Disclaimer:  This is just an opinion - I have not done any experiments
to prove it either way.

73, Bill W6WRT