Re: [Amps] Yaesu Quadra sockets

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Yaesu Quadra sockets
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 23:53:44 -0400
There are SIX major contest bands and one only needs six antenna
sockets if one has monoband antennas for all six bands.  Most
mere mortals have one or more multiband antennas or they use a
remote (tower mounted) switch or even a two radio switch driven
by band decoders.

The Quadra (and presumably the Quadra 2K) are more than happy to
deal with multiple bands on one antenna output.  The use of remote
antenna switches also facilitates the use of one or two higher
quality (lower loss) feedlines instead of individual feedlines per
antenna.

Four antenna outputs has been a convenient compromise for many
years (since the optional FAS-4 in the FL-7000) and common to
several manufacturers (Yaesu, Icom PW-1, SPE Expert 1K-FA, etc.).

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV