Re: [Amps] Command HF-2500 meter lamps wattizit?

To: <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Command HF-2500 meter lamps wattizit?
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 20:04:32 -0400
Well I learned a lot about specialized lamps today.

First step was to try 3 auto parts stores and 2 junkyards as suggested by a
few but with no luck

Then it was off to Google for a few hours. It seems some bright chap decided
to call this style festoons, whatever the heck that means.

They come in many sizes and wattages and finally I deciphered enough of the
BS to land on a GE DE3021. Pricey little buggers but other vintage HF-2500
owners can rejoice that wont need a flashlight in the dark to see they just
fried the 3CX800 grids.

Getting to them is pretty easy, just drop the front panel and pry the double
sided tape PC board away from the meters. If youre going to be changing the
filter caps thats the easiest step.

Carl
KM1H