Re: [Amps] 50 watt stud mount zener diodes

To: <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 50 watt stud mount zener diodes
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 15:37:40 -0400
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
To: <amps@contesting.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 1:14 PM

Its a shame that Bill is so insecure that he has to start off a reply with
an insult. Perhaps if enough readers complain to our administrator he will
take steps to remove him from this forum and we can get back to our normal
discussions and even arguments with civility.
If anyone needs that email address send me a direct request.

I didnt realize that there were baby and big arcs once a plasma is created.
IMO they range from big to bigger depending upon the PS capacity to destroy
things before something opens up the AC or HV line.
Since the event that started this thread destroyed 1A diodes (or were they
2.5A) and would also slam grid choke pi's together in a SB-220 then its
pretty much a given that either size zener would also be history.

The customer LK-550 I have on the bench had your basic 3-500 arc and the 50W
zener was instant history.

Carl
KM1H