Re: [Amps] Fw: Needed, quality watt meter

To: "Jim W7RY" <w7ry@inbox.com>, "Dick W1KSZ" <w1ksz@q.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Fw: Needed, quality watt meter
From: "Jim Tonne" <tonne@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 17:06:27 -0400
>>> With the bar graph, tune up is a breeze.

Regarding using a "digital" display for making
adjustments, Jim has just pointed out an interesting
thing.

The BEST displya for adjusting stuff is the kind of
display (meter) with a moving pointer.   Right behind
that is the bargraph.  And running a distant third in
terms of ease of use is the kind of display that
shows you numbers.  Our minds just don't react to
that like they do to an "analog-like" display.

I am talking here about making adjustments, not
about "taking a meter reading."

- JimT   W4ENE