Re: [Amps] Why do tubes cost so much?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Why do tubes cost so much?
From: Paul Decker <kg7hf@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 13:07:04 +0000 (UTC)

The Axioms probably hold true for the most part, but there are many cases in
modern sales where they don't really hold.

One case I can think of is software.  There are many software products which
are marketed and become "old", then are changed slightly and remarketed and
repackaged as something new and exciting.  How about the line of Windows
products as an example.

It's the job and power of the marketing department to create hype and
excitement about the new product which is really just the same old thing as it
used to be but in a new and flashy package.

Paul, kg7hf