Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 93, Issue 16

To: <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 93, Issue 16
From: "David Cutter" <d.cutter@ntlworld.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 11:17:33 +0100
Hi Bill

UL recognised microswitches have been around for quite a while but they rely
on the correct conditions like any other: mostly it comes down to not
over-stressing either the contacts or the lever.

Anyway, it's almost academic because most folks these days would use an opto
interrupter into a buffer and relay of some kind.  They are popular in a U
shape with a screw to fix to the chassis at about $1.  I once used a plastic
lid from a deodorant bottle to do something similar.

David
G3UNA