Re: [Amps] HV Interconnects RF Decks to PS

To: "Patrick Barthelow" <apolloeme@live.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] HV Interconnects RF Decks to PS
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 09:57:55 -0400
I might use new test prod 10KV rated wire for a B- lead but never for HV.
IMO its not even as safe as using RG-59 with the shield removed.

In the various rack mounted amps and modulator decks here all HV is with
thick 30 or 40KV wire. This also includes the January 1954 QST Single
Control 813 transmitter with a remote PS. It is never routed so that it
could touch the floor or otherwise get damaged....simple common sense.

Carl
KM1H