Re: [Amps] Correction: How to restore oxidized tank switch

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Correction: How to restore oxidized tank switch
From: mikea <mikea@mikea.ath.cx>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 11:22:00 -0500
On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 12:12:41PM -0400, Carl wrote:
> Run it thru the dishwasher with a detergent such as the USA Cascade.
>
> Also check your local stores for a liquid silver cleaner.
>
> In the USA I use a diluted Tarn-X and Q-tips and then rinse it off well.

The dishwasher is fine for glazed ceramic, but unglazed ceramic will
absorb water. If it has and your dishwasher uses a heated drying cycle,
pieces may spall or flake off as the water heats, particularly if the
drying cycle runs at or above the boiling point. Water in the ceramic
makes it not so good an insulator, too.

--
Mike Andrews, W5EGO
mikea@mikea.ath.cx