Re: [Amps] Why are 833s so Expensive

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Why are 833s so Expensive
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 07:03:30 EDT
Sorry Dave, it is still baffling!

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 9/27/2010 4:37:20 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
mausoptik@btinternet.com writes:

Hi Alek  - yes, I think that for the "real radio that glows in the dark"
the GU81M  would take some beating.  I did toy with the idea of using the
'glass'-plus-screen from a microwave oven door as part of the casing for my
4-1000A amp some years ago, but in the end never did so as I lived in an area
with weak TV signals and was paranoid about screening and TVI - even though
 theory told me not to worry.

I do have a circuit that one of the  Hungarian guys used for a GU81M multi
band amplifier and I'll dig it out, scan  it and mail it over to you.  It
may give some ideas.

I agree, the  Ashes will be an interesting series this time around.

Just for the  Yanks on the list who are used to Baseball and thus will find
cricket  baffling, let me offer a time honoured explanation:

1. There are two  teams. One out, one in.

2. The team that’s out try to get the player  that’s in, out.

3. When they do get him out, he goes in.

4. Then  the next player goes out. As long as he’s out, he’s in.

5. The object  is then for the team that’s out to get the second player
out. When they get  him out, he goes in.

6. This process is repeated for each innings until  the team that’s out
gets the team that’s in all out.

7. When the whole  team is out, the team that was in goes out, and the team
that was out goes  in.

8. Then they play a second innings until they’re all out. Except  one
player. He remains not out....

cheers

Dave  G0OIL