[Amps] 4-250A testing

To: Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 4-250A testing
From: "Randy S." <rj3819@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 13:10:59 -0700 (PDT)
This tube is on ebay ..
Worried about getting an older gassy tube .
The seller states ..

This auction is for One 4-250 / 5D22 Transmitting Tube.  The  labeling on this
tube has been worn other than the tube number that you  can see in the pics. I
am not sure of the manufacturer, but I am quite  sure that it is either Eimac
or
Amperex. The visible labeling on the  tube reads:
 JAN-CIM-5D22
Made In USA
There is a stamp inside the tube also that reads:
Q8-9034.
This tube is tested for emission from a High Voltage Transformer:
460 VAC through a 15K @ 10 watt resistor to screen
920 VAC to plate
6.3VAC @ 8 amps to filament
-40 VDC to grid
This tube tested at 200 MA.

I have no idea about testing and if that is good to determine tube emission or
not.

I have one already and thought I could have a pair for spare tubes for my
4-400A amp ? I know .. not exactly the same .. is just plate dissipation
the biggest diff? would Be able to use them as a lower power set of spare
tubes? or just make another amp with these?

I hope replies go to me as well as the list as the auction will be over in 4
hours..

Randy - N2CUA